The ability to make an impression when you speak is an invaluable tool. Learn to effectively communicate with colleagues and speak with confidence. Join communications consultant Sandra Miller on this one-day interactive training course to maximise your verbal communication.
Attend this course to receive individual feedback to improve your public speaking skills and take away crucial tips on how to prepare yourself for stressful situations. Take part in practical exercises and learn how to speak confidently, retain an audience’s attention and feel in control.
Learn the common pitfalls with public speaking and feel comfortable in an intimate, supportive working environment.
“Great course! Fun, but informative.” – Management Accountant, Spire Healthcare
“Great instructor and good surrounding.” – Managing Director, ICTS
|About the Trainer: Sandra Miller|
|Sandra Miller is a RADA-trained actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector, providing coaching, consultancy and training in communication skills.
Her area of specialist expertise covers Presentation Skills, Interview Techniques, Handling People in Difficult Situations, Storytelling and Influential Communications.
Sandra has worked in the corporate world for thirty years – her clients include BBC, BBC Worldwide, Bristol Water, Friends Provident, Financial Reporting Council, Unilever, Vocalink and Elavon Merchant Services.
- Develop your ability to communicate with confidence
- Discover the seven core qualities for concise, measured messages
- Gain essential vocal preparation tools for important meetings and high-stress situations
- Motivate others in your company with your new speaking techniques
- Acquire a ‘failsafe’ presentation method to fall back on in an emergency
- Challenge your preconceptions of effective verbal communication in a supportive environment
- Build spontaneity and improvisation into your repertoire so instant impact is ensured
Registration And Light Breakfast
- Understand the impact of first impressions
- Focus on how you can improve initial impressions
The 7 Ingredients Of Excellent Communication
- Learn the 7 key ingredients to effective verbal communication
- Start to include them into how you think about speaking
Preparation And Structure
- Unlock how to prepare and structure your speech and presentations
- Focus on the first words you speak and how they affect perception
- Develop a robust, confident style
- Use relaxation, breathing and voice work to strengthen the foundations of your verbal skills
- Build spontaneity and dynamism into your verbal communication
- Energise talks you’ve given before and ensure the audience is fully engaged and absorbed
- Give a final presentation
- Compare to earlier work and gauge progress
- Take concrete lessons from throughout the day and put them into practice
- Build a plan to take learning forward and make sure that the lessons learned are put into practice in the workplace
- Maximise the impact of the day by selecting achievable aims and objectives for personal verbal development
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Sandra Miller is a RADA-trained actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector providing coaching, consultancy and training in […]
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here