A vital skill for professionals looking to accelerate their career in any field is the ability to progress into an influential leader.
Executive presence is the term used to describe those dynamic and confident leaders who not only perform well within their jobs but also have the ability to make a real impact among other decision-makers. The skills of an excellent leader; including how to act, speak and present effectively, can all be learned, developed and realised through good practice and self-evaluation.
Attend this highly interactive one-day training course with Communication Skills Consultant Sandie Miller to learn the traits of a powerful and influential leader, understand how to command a room and how to use body language to exert your personal influence.
Develop your communication skills, enhance your confidence and boost your ability to lead your team with an elevated sense of credibility. Leave with a heightened capacity to influence other senior leaders and have your voice heard when it really counts.
|Blog: How To Achieve Executive Presence|
|You do not ‘just get’ executive presence, it is a skill to cultivate and build. You try not to sweat, fluster or stress in time of a crisis; remain composed and collected in any situation. However, it is not only about having a strong presence but inspiring confidence; showing that you’re a leader to follow and have the potential for greater achievements. Find out in our blog how you can achieve executive presence.|
- Discover what it means to have a powerful executive presence and how this can help further your career
- Learn about the traits of an influential leader and how to develop your own leadership style
- Understand how to command and hold a room when it counts
- Know how to engage with your audience, use body language and exert your personal power and influence
- Receive expert advice and feedback on your presence, gravitas and impact to be able to develop these skills further in the workplace
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Traits of an Influential Leader
- Explore and identify the different leadership styles and traits of a good leader
- Learn how to actively listen and engage with your team and other senior leaders
- Analyse the importance of first impressions and how to polish these
- Identify the leadership style which suits you and your organisation’s culture
Personality and Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding the effect of yours and others’ emotions across different, varied interactions
- Knowing yourself and identifying your own personality traits
- Perceiving others and how to deal with different personalities
- Developing empathy and techniques to communicate effectively
Using Communication to Build Trust, Credibility, Confidence and Influence
- Understand ways to develop trust through powerful communication
- Develop speaking skills and assertiveness in your presence
- Learn how to build credibility to improve personal presence
- The importance of preparation, especially for high stakes meetings and interactions
- Focus on clarity, confidence and authority to exert power and influence
- How to engage with and influence a group of other senior leaders who may have competing interests
Workshop: Establishing and Executing Your Executive Presence
Work with the Trainer in a number of interactive role play activities to put the skills you’ve learned from the day into practice
- Learn and practise how to command a room
- Know how to conduct yourself with assurance and gravitas
- Focus on how you act, how you speak and how you communicate through your body language
- Reflect on your habits to develop a confident leadership style, and putting this into practice
- The importance of continuous feedback, self-reflection and self-evaluation
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Sandra Miller is a RADA-trained actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector providing coaching, consultancy and training in […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.