Implementing workplace diversity and inclusion is not only beneficial from an ethical perspective, but it also has direct tangible benefits for the performance of your organisation and the engagement of your employees.
The Equality Act 2010 ensures that all workplaces are fair, equal and compliant with the law, however, developing a strategy which maximises diversity and implementing a workplace culture of inclusion can help your organisation achieve greater staff retention and motivation, create a happier work environment and cut costs associated with staff turnover.
Join Employment Law Partner, Emma Bowers, on this highly interactive one-day training course to learn how to maximise inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. Gain insight on a number of real-life case studies to receive advice on how to respond to certain diversity-related scenarios, how to apply legislation in real terms and get an update on the ever-developing stance of the law.
Attend to hear from Felizitas Lichtenberg, Global Diversity &Inclusion Lead, at Vodafone to hear more on their diversity strategy. Learn how their strategy and procedures have been developed, the results in terms of inclusion, engagement and business outcomes, and gain practical tips to replicate back at your organisation.
Work with the Chair to create a positive, innovative strategy to implement back at work and reap the benefits of a happier, more inclusive workforce.
|Trainer: Emma Burrows|
|Emma is a partner and head of the Trowers & Hamlins’ Employment department which she founded. Emma has specialised in employment law for over 30 years.
She is known for her practical approach and finding solutions. Emma advises mainly on sensitive issues, managing senior staff exits, board disputes, employment structures and governance issues. At any one time, she manages a few complicated employment tribunal claims, working with other members of the team.
She loves employment law and is an active member of the Employment Lawyers Association Legislative and Policy committee and on the Editorial Board of Employment Law Journal.
- Understand current legislation surrounding diversity and inclusion, including an update on the Equality Act 2010 and the implications this has on your organisation
- Learn how a strategic, robust diversity strategy can benefit your workforce
- Gain insight into a number of real-life case studies on how to apply the legislation in practice
- Develop an action plan on how to champion diversity and inclusion across your organisation’s workforce
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Diversity and Inclusion: The Equality Act 2010 (EqA)
- The nine protected characteristics under the EqA
- Understand the different forms of discrimination
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Public Sector Duty
- Discuss and ask what you know and assess how to fill the gaps in your knowledge
Diversity and Inclusion: Decisions in the Courts
- Hear about recent legal decisions in the courts
- Understand the implications of these for diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Know how these updates can affect you and your organisation
- Hear from the Chair about a real-life scenario when gender has been a topic of dispute
- Learn from what was done in this instance and the effects of this
- Discuss what could have been done differently
- Know how to champion gender equality in the workplace
- Hear from the Chair about a real-life scenario when disability has been a topic of dispute
- Listen to what was done well and what could have been done better
- Know how to champion disability equality in the workplace
CASE STUDY: Diversity and Inclusion: Creating a New Workplace Culture
- How do you create a culture of diversity and inclusion in the modern workplace?
- What underpins the culture and how to communicate the message
- Develop an action plan on how to champion diversity upon your return to work
- Hear from the Chair about a real-life scenario when transgender equality has been a topic of dispute
- Learn best practice and how to incorporate positive strategies within your working practices
- Know how to champion transgender equality in the workplace
Diversity and Inclusion: What’s going to change?
- Learn about a number of cases still to be decided
- Discuss future Legislation
- Current Consultation Processes
Feedback, Discussion, Evaluation & Close
Emma Burrows is a partner and head of the Trowers & Hamlins’ Employment department which she founded. Emma has specialised […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.