In a digital world, it is crucial to make sure your organisation is adaptable to technological advancements. Being digitally flexible and literate provides new ways of promoting key messages, transparency and representing your business positively.
The growth of digital media platforms has been unprecedented, obtaining and sharing information is instant. Understanding your organisation’s digital identity can allow you to spread your message clearly, stay connected with your stakeholders and customers and progress a positive reputation.
This practical ‘Mastering Digital Communications’ course is specifically designed to provide your organisation with the digital awareness to navigate different media platforms, learn how to develop and protect your brand and build trust with your audience to achieve business objectives.
To be a success in the modern world it is important to maintain an engaging digital presence. Attend this highly-interactive course to create a toolkit that provides you with an enhanced capability in digital communications, collaboration and how to manage and mitigate risks online.
|About the Trainer: Penny Lipsham|
|Penny Lipsham is a Digital Planning Director in the central digital team with the remit to deliver integrated digital solutions for Edelman clients.
With 14 years’ experience in digital, across a variety of disciplines, Penny brings a holistic and integrated view of digital. Her speciality is understanding all the different business needs and digital communication requirements and developing a cohesive plan.
Penny is in her element working through a complex communications structure and organising it into a centralised ecosystem. Having developed her career in an ever-changing world, she consistently learns and evolves, and believes anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
- Identify the most effective digital communications channels for your organisation
- Develop a content strategy for day to day and campaign activity
- Understand how to protect and enhance the online reputation for your organisation
- Learn how to measure success – review and track important digital metrics
- Learn how social advocacy programmes can engage internal colleagues
- Develop a digital action plan for future activity
Trainer’s welcome and clarification of learning objectives
Introduction to the New World of Digital Communications
- Importance of digital upskilling and its impact on the future workforce
- Instant information – understanding the immediacy of social media, online transparency and managing user expectations
- Developments in digital communications strategies
- Practical: analysing the effectiveness of digital communications in your own organisation
Navigating Digital Platforms
- Understanding the differences between platforms, including social media
- How to utilise digital channels to meet marketing, communications and wider business objectives
- Channel management at a corporate level – tools to manage organisational social media
WORKSHOP I: Digital Identity
- Content – creating a strategy to help meet your objectives and generate audience engagement
- Establishing a tone of voice – what is the character of your organisation and how can you project this to online audiences?
- Protect reputation – how to monitor and respond to negative comments about your organisation
- Practical: develop a digital content plan for day to day and campaign activity
- Maximising your key messages to reach different stakeholder audiences using paid channels
- Measuring success – reviewing and tracking important digital metrics
- Rapid response – how to plan for, and respond in a crisis
WORKSHOP II: Keeping Your Accounts Secure
- Personal data and website privacy notices – what to include
- Making your digital content accessible to all
- Protecting your organisation’s social media accounts
WORKSHOP III: Social Advocacy
- What does effective social advocacy look like
- How to introduce a programme in your organisation
- Identifying advocates and creating a programme that meets objectives
- Tools and techniques to engage internal staff advocates
- Evaluating the effectiveness of advocacy programmes
- How to create an internal digital content pack
WORKSHOP IV: Developing a Digital Action Plan to Take Back to Your Organisation
Work with the trainer to discuss and develop a personalised action plan to develop your digital communications and discover the best ways to ensure both your team and organisation benefit from the day’s learning.
Feedback, evaluation and close
Penny Lipsham is a Digital Planning Director in the central digital team with the remit to deliver integrated digital solutions […]
etc.venues Chancery Lane
020 3735 8900
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.