As a Sales Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure that your team operates at peak performance, drives profit, achieves the wider organisational goals and reaches its full potential.
Management skills are not acquired by chance. The skills needed to achieve and exceed targets must be learned and developed in order to ensure you are getting the most from your people and resources.
Whether you are new to managing a sales team or looking to hone existing skills, this course has been specifically designed to enable you to understand your own leadership style, know how to effectively manage performance and gain the tools to keep your teams highly-motivated throughout the year.
Led by management and sales specialist, Simon Lawson, attend to learn innovative strategies to managing your sales team and gain an invaluable networking opportunity to discuss best practice with peers operating in similar circles. Leave with new ideas, greater confidence and a personal action plan to implement on return to work to boost your team to even greater success.
|About the Trainer: Simon Lawson|
|Simon has been able to build on his extensive sales line management experience of 25 years working with senior managers to become an enthusiastic and energetic sales, negotiation and general management trainer. He has conducted successful training projects for multinational clients on every continent and has been particularly active in the Middle East.
Simon designs and delivers sales, strategic account management, negotiation and general management training programmes for junior, middle and senior managers from UK and global blue-chip companies. He is a qualified MBTI practitioner and has been able to build on his first academic degree in Psychology to utilise a number of psychological and behavioural profiling instruments in his training projects.
- Identify the qualities of a leading sales manager and be able to apply these skills to your business and individual management style
- Learn how to build a high-performing, agile and resilient sales team
- Understand how to manage the performance of your sales team to achieve effectiveness and efficiency
- Know how to motivate your sales team to ensure best results and job satisfaction
- Gain an invaluable networking opportunity to discuss best practice and methods to avoid with like minded individuals in similar roles
- Return to work with a clear idea of how to implement the tools learnt throughout the day’s learning
Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Leadership and Management Style
- Understanding different management styles
- Identify what makes a good manager and how to replicate these skills to build on your current good practice in your position
- Being an inspirational leader – making the progression from manager to leader
Importance of Team Building & Developing Skills
- Learn the theory around building high performing teams
- How to build and embed a culture of resilience within your team
- Know how to spot talent and develop specific skills of individuals
- Discuss how to ensure that each team member is fit-for-purpose and actions to take when individuals aren’t achieving
Sales Planning and Forecasting
- Understand the most effective methods of planning and forecasting
- Gain specific tools to apply back at your organisation
- Learn best practice of organising and managing your timeline and how to report progress
- Discuss practice at your company and learn how to apply learned tools for your organisation
- Learn methods of measurement to understand and display the results and progress of your team
- Ensure all sales meetings are specific, effective and interesting
- Understanding appraisals and methods of assessment which keep your team on track to achieving their personal and professional goals
- On the job coaching do’s and don’t’s: The GROW Coaching Model
Workshop: Methods of Motivation and Feedback
- Learn the importance of giving constructive feedback and best ways to do this
- Know how to motivate your team to ensure best results
- Put the day’s learning into practice through some role play exercises to cement your knowledge for return to work
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
Simon has been able to build on his extensive sales line management experience of 25 years working with senior managers […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.