To succeed in sales, you must master a certain set of skills that are needed to rise through the ranks in a fast-paced role.
Your ability to influence prospective clients depends on your ability to build customer relationships. Join this Key Sales Skills Training course to gain an in-depth knowledge of best-practice and walk away with a bespoke sales action-plan to implement at work.
Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of sales and the tools you need to develop and build profitable accounts. Learn the importance of sales methods, self-discipline, resourcefulness and persistence in achieving your sales goals.
This course has been specifically designed for anyone working in sales that wants to learn or refresh their sales knowledge.
|About the Trainer: Simon Lawson|
|Simon has been able to build on his extensive sales line management experience of 25 years working with senior managers to become an enthusiastic and energetic sales, negotiation and general management trainer. He has conducted successful training projects for multinational clients on every continent and has been particularly active in the Middle East.
Simon designs and delivers sales, strategic account management, negotiation and general management training programmes for junior, middle and senior managers from the UK and global blue-chip companies. He is a qualified MBTI practitioner and has been able to build on his first academic degree in Psychology to utilise a number of psychological and behavioural profiling instruments in his training projects.
Simon has worked as a training provider to major training organisations. In addition to front line training and coaching, he has also prepared and delivered many sales proposals for major training projects to blue-chip companies in the UK and in Europe.
- Learn the key principles of a variety of proven sales methods
- Develop the skills to overcome a varied range of client objections
- Learn the sales process, its fundamentals and how it applies to you
- Understand the Fear Factor associate with sales and how to overcome it
- Walk away with a bespoke Sales Skills Toolkit
Trainer’s Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Motivation: Contacting Customers
- Understanding customer perspective
- Understanding the benefit of sales to your organisation
- Understanding the benefits of sales to you
The Sales Process and Overcoming the Fear Factor
- Identifying the sales cycle
- The four steps of sales
- Defining the Fear Factor
- The Myth of the Fear Factor
- Overcoming the Fear Factor
The ‘Perfect’ Salesperson
- Group discussion outlining the key characteristics that make the perfect salesperson
- Exploring why these attributes are important and how to develop them within yourself
The AIDA Approach
- Outline of the AIDA Model
- Attention – Getting Your Customer
- Interest – Creating Interest in Your Customer
- Desire – Motivating Customers to Buy
- Action – Closing the Sale
Key Selling Skills
- Understand the key skills that can develop exceptional areas of practice including:
- Types of objections
- Examples of good and bad practice
- Handling objections with the LAAC approach
Design a Sales Skills Toolkit
In this session delegates will use the day’s learning to create a bespoke Key Sales Skills Toolkit, to continue their development and for general use back in their organisation.