In-House: Applying Emotional Intelligence and Ensuring Personal Resilience
*Online Course Available and Coaching Sessions*
Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to identify, understand, and manage emotions in yourself and others. By recognising all the key elements of emotional intelligence, including self-management, social awareness, empathy and how to respond to emotions, you can drastically develop your own management techniques and increase the morale and productivity of your team.
With stress now the most common form of work-related illness – and health and wellbeing a major concern during remote working, social distancing and self-isolation – the ability to cope with pressure and the demands of working in a virtual and highly stressful situation is crucial to both personal productivity and getting the most out of your teams.
Host this one-day Applying Emotional Intelligence and Ensuring Personal Resilience course to utilise EI to improve workplace well-being and employee performance. Develop a greater level of self-awareness and empathy, alongside an understanding of key techniques to enhance personal resilience.
Through a range of workshops and relevant case studies, this course provides you with a range of tools and long-term skills to enhance your professional career, through a deeper understanding of yourself and your emotions.
- Develop your leadership and management skills through understanding key attributes of emotional intelligence
- Improve organisational and employee performance through enhanced application of EI
- Identify the main causes of stress and how it can impact performance
- Recognise and develop strategies for responding to the emotions of others
- Create a personal resilience plan for yourself and your colleagues
- Apply EI and resilience to enhance team working and improve the effectiveness
All in the context of increased remote working and social distancing.
Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Understand the fundamentals of EI and the nature of emotions
- Explore how EI can invoke positive emotions in people, and help achieve your professional or organisational goals
- How emotional intelligence can dramatically improve cooperation amongst your colleagues
The Key EI Competencies: Self-Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management
In this session, delegates will spend time recognising their own emotions and how they affect their thoughts and behaviour, consider their strengths and weaknesses, and identify areas for development
- Understand the four key competencies of EI, and the 19 capabilities that underpin them
- Explore ways to develop and apply your emotional intelligence
- Determine how to apply EI in a given situation, including managing difficult people
- Explore core capabilities for responding to the emotions of others
Empathy: Applying EI at Work and to Your Company’s Culture
- Analyse the importance of empathy in developing and demonstrating social awareness
- Assist employees to improve their performance by building long term capabilities through empathy
- Consider the key capabilities in which you require development and those of importance in your company and those you work with
What is Stress and How Does it Manifest Itself?
- Gain an understanding of the theory and science behind stress
- Discuss what triggers stress and how it can vary from person to person
- Pinpoint factors and processes within your work that could be classed as ‘stressors’
- Discover ways to identify and combat stress in the workplace
Workshop: Developing a Personal Resilience Plan
- Hear a number of tools and techniques for reducing stress through personal resilience
- Work out which tools work for you and apply these to your specific day-to-day situations
- Develop practical solutions specific to your company’s culture
- Create a personal resilience action plan for you and your team
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Styles
Delegates will participate in an interactive workshop that explains the six leadership styles and discuss their own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Discover a range of leadership styles and in which circumstances to apply them
- Explore areas of your leadership style that require further development
- Develop a plan to take back to your company and improve EI and personal resilience, incorporating assessment of areas for workplace improvements
- Create efficient and successful teams through effective leadership
Coaching Style of Leadership – the Power of Coaching Conversations
- Develop coaching techniques to improve how you manage potentially stressful conversations
- Consider how coaching conversations can become part of your remote working arrangements
- Understand the To GROW model for coaching conversations