The concept of a growth mindset involves a person’s ability to be flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change. It is the fundamental belief that our abilities can be continuously developed through persistence, dedication and flexibility.
Through recognising and developing the key elements of a growth mindset, including goal-setting, self-improvement and the importance of collaboration, you can drastically improve your impact in challenging times, turning problems into positive opportunities, leading to increased confidence, motivation and success.
Attend to become more effective when dealing with unforeseen circumstances and acquire the skills to improve motivation, morale and performance in your teams, as well as personal productivity.
Through a range of practical workshops and exercises facilitated by award-winning organisational psychologist Hayley Lewis, this highly interactive course teaches you how to develop your growth mindset and leave with a personalised improvement plan to implement with your teams back at work.
|About the Trainer: Hayley Lewis|
|Hayley is an award-winning psychologist with 20 years’ experience in the field of organisational and business psychology.
Prior to setting up her own business, Hayley spent 11 years leading various local government services, such as organisational development; ICT strategy; customer services; communications and digital transformation. During this time, she won national recognition for her work on leadership development, culture change and digital transformation. Before this, Hayley spent eight years at the BBC where she was an organisational psychologist working on culture change and leadership development.
Hayley is a respected lecturer on MSc Organisational and Business Psychology programmes at City University and Coventry University. Her specialist topics are leading change, organisational culture and building high-performance teams. She also leads the weekend school, for part-time MSc students at Kingston Business School, delivering lectures on leadership development, creativity and innovation, consultancy skills and leading organisational change.
- Learn the key theory around what a growth mindset is and why it can be vital to decision making
- Test and evaluate your current mindset and discover how to develop mindsets
- Acquire the tools and techniques for how to develop a growth mindset
- Know how a growth mindset builds resilience, confidence and motivation within your teams
- See how productivity and quality of products can sky-rocket with a growth mindset
- Leave with a personalised action-plan to implement upon your return to work
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
What is a Growth Mindset?
- Learn the key theory behind what a growth mindset is
- Understand the difference between a growth vs fixed mindset
- Why having a growth mindset is important to fostering adaptability and resilience in the workplace
WORKSHOP I: Assessing Your Own Mindset
- Identify the traits which make up your current mindset
- Compare and contrast a range of different mindsets
- Highlight and understand the strengths and benefits of having a growth mindset
Benefits and Opportunities of Adopting a Growth Mindset
- Discover the advantages of flexibility and how to master knowledge
- Using goal-setting methods to ensure growth and development, both personally and within your team
- How to perceive setbacks as an opportunity to learn rather than a lack of ability
- Utilising hindsight, logical assessment and emotional reactions to lead with
WORKSHOP II: Developing Mindsets in Your Teams
- Setting challenging goals which are both specific and public
- Suggestions for actions to cultivate a growth mindset among your team members
- Fostering a culture of reward and recognition to boost performance, motivation and morale
WORKSHOP III: Create an Action Plan for Developing Your Mindset
Work with the trainer to discuss and develop a personalised action plan to develop your own mindset and discover best ways to ensure your teams can also benefit from developing a growth mindset
- Embed the day’s learning and develop a personal self-improvement plan to implement back at work
- Leave with the tangible benefits of adopting a growth mindset, including greater confidence to tackle difficult circumstances with an open mind