The modern workplace has changed, and professionals are working in increasingly agile ways, with working remotely or from home being an almost given procedure in all modern businesses. Whether reducing costs, making better use of office space, or encouraging a younger workforce, remote working has a whole host of latent benefits.
It is essential that all proactive businesses have a clear virtual strategy in place, and that managers adapt their leadership style to make the most of these changes.
Attend this practical and interactive training course, step in real-life scenarios, to discover effective leadership techniques that will best support your team. Develop a flexible, future-focused management approach that motivates and maximises performance.
|About the Trainer: Jonathan Bottomer|
|Jonathan is a Certified Management Consultant and a member of the Institute of Business Consulting, an organisation within the Chartered Management Institute, the professional body for Business Consultants. He currently works as a Consultant at the Department for Work and Pensions, the largest central government department in the UK.
Jonathan specialises in helping organisations improve their effectiveness and efficiency of the administration of Social Security Benefits, having worked with a number of local authorities, DWP’s agencies and other organisations.
- Assess the advantages and challenges of remote working
- Review your current management practices and discover new approaches
- Enhance your current channels of communication
- Discover ways of empowering and motivating your team
- Foster a strong team spirit despite distance working
- Develop ways of measuring and maximising performance
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Remote Working: Friend or Foe?
- Outline the benefits of remote working
- Discuss the challenges that can arise
- Consider potential privacy and security issues
What is Your Current Management Approach?
- Understand the need to Adapt your management style
- Review your current management practices through behavioural exercises
- Discover approaches that suit your team’s behaviours and needs
- Diversity and inclusion in remote team
Maximise Your Channels of Communication
- Discover software, tools, and techniques to maximise connectivity
- Ensure maximum communication with team members
- Encourage conversations and maintain contact with individual team members
- Instil a sense of trust and a need for whole-team contribution
Case Study: Successfully Moving to Smart Working Practices
- Understand the benefits which have arisen from working remotely
- Know the possible challenges you could face and how best to overcome these
- Take away transferable knowledge and skills to apply to your teams and company
Workshop 1: Measuring and Maximising Performance
Delegates will bring together their learnings from the day to work through a series of exercises, and receive dedicated feedback from the Trainer
Workshop 2: Test the Flexibility of Your Management Style
Through a series of exercises, delegates will assess their new approach and develop an action plan to implement it across their team
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Jonathan is a Certified Management Consultant and a member of the Institute of Business Consulting, an organisation within the Chartered […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.