Remote working has created the new challenge of virtually managing staff’s performance. In a study by The Economist Intelligence Unit, 46% of managers considered leading people from a distance to be their main challenge.
You currently might have someone who is underperforming, which is impacting productivity and morale. Conversely, you might have someone who is a star performer who gets frustrated at not being stretched enough. And then there is everyone in between. This is even more of a challenge when your team are working from home.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms on Zoom, to facilitate delegate participation in smaller groups, gain a much better understanding on how you can remotely manage performance
Key learning resources and information to support you on your day’s training will be distributed online across the course of the day.
There will be plenty of opportune moments for you to network, share resources and experiences with other delegates. Gain valuable contacts with other like-minded peers to help create an invaluable support network to excel at remote people performance management.
On this virtual Excelling at Remote People Performance Management training course, gain a deeper understanding of remote performance management, along with tools and techniques to help you get the best out of everyone in your team whilst they work from home. We’ll also explore those exceptions when someone simply isn’t able to perform to standards and give you ways to handle this effectively in a virtual environment.
By the end of the session, you’ll know how to identify and manage underperformance, develop confidence and virtual techniques to manage difficult conversations, re-engage underperforming staff and keep high-performing staff motivated.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
|About the trainer: Marie Thake|
|Marie Thake has over 18 years’ experience in Learning and Development and a proven track record of establishing learning and development functions in organisations. This involves installing all that is necessary to provide every employee, at all levels, an opportunity to develop themselves. This includes establishing leadership programmes, installing learning centres, creating soft skill programmes in line with training needs analysis and designing and delivering training courses.
Before founding Truly Inspired she worked as the Learning and Development Manager for the Rugby Football Union and prior to that held Learning Consultant roles with blue-chip companies such as HBOS and Prudential.
Marie has been instrumental in embedding new incentives into organisations from projects such as introducing new capability frameworks and ensuring all employees are trained and have the relevant skills to use them effectively, to introducing and co-ordinating 6 monthly leadership conferences to build strong leadership teams.
- Understand the key principles of good remote performance management
- Learn how to set more effective performance standards remotely
- Utilise tools and techniques to sustain performance
- Find out how effectively virtually manage difficult conversations with staff
- Take back an action plan for remote people performance management
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- A quick video tutorial will be shown on using the key features of Zoom
- Breakout rooms will be used for delegates to introduce each other
The Principles of Remote People Performance Management
- The performance pyramid – linking the individual to the organisation’s objectives
- 121s and appraisal
- Skills needed for effective remote performance management
Setting Remote Performance Standards
- Developing your performance management matrix
- Setting individual objectives remotely
- Getting the most out of role-modelling
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Make Performance Management Work for Everyone
- The performance management cycle
- Drivers of performance and understanding difference
- Structuring, preparing and sharing responsibility
Virtually Manage Difficult Performance Management Conversations
Virtual breakout rooms will be used to facilitate difficult performance management conversations.
- The underperformer
- The superstar (and frustrated) performer
- The ‘does just enough’ performer
- Develop techniques to continuously evaluate staff performance
- Create practical strategies to improve performance
- Ensure your staff’s performance is matched to your organisations strategic goals
- Take back an action plan for people performance management
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.