We do not currently have any dates confirmed for this ‘Effectively Define and Measure Social Value’ course. To register your interest in this course please contact us here, and once we have a new date confirmed a member of the team will be in touch with you.
With the Social Value Act coming to prominence in 2012 and the recent Government proposal of a 10% weighting towards social value on all future tenders, it has never been more important to be able to effectively measure and report on the social value added by your business.
Consumers are increasingly making buying decisions based on how to positively impact their communities and the wider environment. Measuring your social value contribution and effectively reporting on this will allow your organisation to gain a competitive edge, as well as help to drive smarter, well-informed and ethically driven strategic decisions.
This course outlines the principles of social value and will help you to develop a greater depth of awareness, knowledge and practical skills to help you embed social value within your organisation and display to your customers that you champion a culture of social responsibility and positive impact. Learn how to take into account the triple bottom line and commit your organisation to focus on social and environmental concerns, whilst simultaneously driving value and profits.
|About The Trainer: Richard Dickins|
|Richard is the Managing Director of the Social Value Business and considered a leading subject matter expert on Social Value in the UK. Richard draws upon over 20 years of private, public and third sector experience. Richard holds a belief that any organisation can be values-led and create social value in their operational activities. He has supported over 90 clients to research, evaluate, report, manage and grow their social impact value. He has uncovered over £450m of hidden financial value and has authored more than 30 social value reports.|
- Understand what social value is and how it relates to your organisation’s activities
- Increase awareness and learn more about the most effective approaches to measuring social value
- Choose which approach to social value measurement is best suited to your business
- Be able to identify and develop good practice
- Create a delivery plan to implement on your return to work
Trainer’s Welcome and Introduction
Social Value Principles
- What is social value?
- Why is it important to consider social value?
- How can social value benefit both your organisation and the wider community?
Methods of Measurement
- Popular approaches to social value measurement:
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Local Multiplier 3+ (LM3+)
- Social Responsibility IS 26000
- Setting standards of measurement
- Determine which method is the most well-suited to your organisation
- Putting social value into the context of the UN Sustainability Goals and how these are reported
Workshop: Impact Mapping & Reporting
- Understand context and stakeholder needs
- Identify factors which are important to measure
- Develop indicators to show that change will happen
- Learn how to collect information
- How to show progress against organisation objectives
- How to assess on reporting and continue improvements for the future
Case Studies & Analysis of Good Practice
- Discuss and hear from a number of timely, best practice case studies delivering social value
- Analysis of what went well and why
Workshop: Application of Learned Tools
- How to apply social value measurement to your organisation
- Choosing the right method of measurement for you
- Formation of a delivery plan to implement on return to work
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Richard is the Managing Director of the Social Value Business and considered a leading subject matter expert on Social Value […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.