Management positions are a natural part of furthering your career. Undertaking the challenges that arise from managing people requires great flexibility and the need to adopt new, sometimes unfamiliar, approaches.
This ‘Effective Leadership Skills for the Workplace’ course gives you the necessary, practical skills to manage and lead your teams to greater success. It tackles the key elements of line management; from goal setting to delegation to difficult conversations both internally and externally.
Attend this virtual course to hear about different styles of leadership and discover, through practical workshops, which style works best for you and your team. Understand how to build a highly motivated culture and take away the skills to deal with some of the more difficult aspects of people management, including handling challenging conversations, giving negative feedback and managing poor performance.
Join Marie Thake on this highly interactive one-day training course to uncover and realise your full potential as a manager.
Please note this course will be using Zoom to deliver the training.
|About the trainer: Marie Thake|
|Marie Thake has over 18 years’ experience in Learning and Development and a proven track record of establishing learning and development functions in organisations. This involves installing all that is necessary to provide every employee, at all levels, an opportunity to develop themselves. This includes establishing leadership programmes, installing learning centres, creating soft skill programmes in line with training needs analysis and designing and delivering training courses.
Before founding Truly Inspired she worked as the Learning and Development Manager for the Rugby Football Union and prior to that held Learning Consultant roles with blue-chip companies such as HBOS and Prudential.
Marie has been instrumental in embedding new incentives into organisations from projects such as introducing new capability frameworks and ensuring all employees are trained and have the relevant skills to use them effectively, to introducing and co-ordinating 6 monthly leadership conferences to build strong leadership teams.
- Examine different management styles and choose the one that best suits you and your team
- Understand the importance of motivation and how to ensure a culture of high performance
- Take away tips on how best to manage the more difficult aspects of management, including giving feedback and delegation
- Build your confidence to be able to manage and lead your team to meet collective goals and objectives
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Understanding Different Management and Leadership Styles
- Explore a number of management styles and how to lead diverse groups of people successfully
- Know how to cement your role as a manager and be perceived positively
- Realise the challenges and opportunities of all managers, whether new, existing or experienced
- Identify and evaluate your position as a manager – your strengths, limitations and what leadership style suits you and your team best
- Know how to adapt your style depending on who you are communicating with
The Importance of Team Building
- Look at different types of teams and evaluate your current team structures
- Learn the theory behind high performing teams and how to utilise this to your benefit
- Understand how to transition from your role as a team member to team leader and the possible challenges that may arise
- Explore how to build effective and motivated teams through communication with different people on an individual level, including how to focus on personal wellbeing
WORKSHOP I: Setting Realistic Goals, Managing Results and Achieving Effective Delegation
- Learn how to plan effectively to ensure the priorities of your organisation are met
- How to monitor staff performance and maintain motivation
- Setting expectations which are tangible, accountable and manageable
- Explore coaching techniques and develop the skills to get the most out of people
WORKSHOP II: Managing Difficult Conversations and Giving Feedback
- Developing an effective and assertive leadership style to cope with challenging situations
- Practise managing difficult conversations and actioning tough decisions
- Finding the balance between maintaining control and instilling a culture of trust and inclusivity
- Learn how to have developmental conversations and give feedback which empowers your team
- Take away tips for managing poor performance in a constructive way
WORKSHOP III: Leadership in Action
Work with the Trainer on several interactive workshop activities to put the skills you’ve learned from the day into practice.
- Conduct self-analysis based on what you have been discussing throughout the day
- Build your personal leadership development plan for implementation back at work to become a confident manager
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Marie Thake has over 18 years’ experience in Learning and Development and a proven track record of establishing learning and […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.