We do not currently have any dates confirmed for this course. To register your interest for this course please contact us here, and once we have a new date confirmed a member of the team will be in touch with you.
Effective sales proposal and bid writers need a range of skills – this one-day course will help you review and refresh the way you work, in a practical day’s training with techniques and checklists to be applied immediately at work.
A successful bid writer must be able to:
- read and understand how to answer nuanced questions
- present information that’s concise, consistent and correct
- persuade and influence through effective use of content, form, structure and style.
This day’s training is designed to help experts translate knowledge into compelling documents, concentrating on intelligent rather than intellectual text.
- look at examples of good and bad practice to benchmark their own processes
- understand the needs of the reader
- learn techniques to ensure your bid or sales proposal is memorable and stands apart from the competition for all the right reasons
- practise creating key messages
- practise ruthless summaries: reducing 12 pages of text to 100 words with an easy-to-apply approach
|About The Trainer: Sue Calthorpe|
|Susan Calthorpe works in the private and public sector, helping organisations write bids and training bid writers to improve their skills.
Her recent clients include: Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, Historic England, SNC Lavalin Atkins, Express Medicals, Cranstoun, Crown Commercial Service, Valtech, SSCL, Hart District Council, Doncaster Council, Legal and General, Clarke Willmott.
- Discover a winning framework for writing successful bids and sales proposals
- Learn tips for best practice and a checklist for success
- Enhance your writing skills and understand the most effective language and structures to use when writing a bid or sales proposal
- Work through real life examples and interactive exercises to embed the day’s learning
- Leave the day more confident in your ability to write winning bids which stand out from your competition
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Plan for Success
- Discover our checklist of key things to consider before you begin your application.
- Planning your approach to the process and aligning your objectives
- How to identify vital resources
- Gather evidence to support your bid
Before You Start to Write
- Establishing the approach to take with your bid and how to plan effectively
- Defining your ‘must know’ information – the vital points in your bid
- Understanding the question is half the battle – identifying what the buyer wants
- Work through real-life bid questions to ensure you are able to identify the most salient information
- How to use evaluation criteria to best effect
Write with Skill
- Learn how high quality writing will aid your success
- Discuss tried and tested bid-writing structures
- Discover the impact an effective structure can have on your bid
- Ensuring accuracy in content, structure and grammar
- Making your bid look professional
- Critique real-life examples
- Organising your information in a logical format that is easily understood
Beat the Competition
- Learn the difference between process and outcome-driven writing
- Use of the correct language to promote yourself and stand out from the competition
- Outlining your unique selling points and how you will help the buyer meet their objectives
- Define ingredients for a compelling written argument
- Hear from an innovative case study on their bidding success and how they gained competitive advantage
Practise and Refine Your Bid Writing Skills
- Bring together the day’s learning with group discussion, questions and practical exercises
- Use real-life materials to practise your bid writing and produce a short bid
- Leave the day confident in your ability to write a successful bid
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Susan works with organisations and individuals to improve their written communications skills. She worked as a regional and national newspaper […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.