We do not currently have any dates confirmed for this course. To register your interest for this course please contact us here, and once we have a new date confirmed a member of the team will be in touch with you.
Globally, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data a day and 90% of the world’s data has been created in the last two years.
With such a vast volume of information at your fingertips, it can be difficult to know how best to harness this resource to your advantage. When presented in the right way, data can be a powerful way to communicate and engage effectively with your customers, external stakeholders and internal colleagues.
This Powerful Data Visualisations course gives you the necessary skills to visualise your data and to turn raw data into infographics, presentation slides, dashboards or reports that tell a clear and compelling story. Successfully use these tools to help drive the right actions, ask better questions and make better decisions for you and your business.
NB: Delegates who attend the day will be asked to bring their own laptops.
|Blog: Why Is Data Visualisation Important?|
Data visualisation can make a strong impression on its viewers. It has the power to change opinions and influence human behaviour and can be a powerful tool for businesses to transform and visualise data to tell a story both internally and externally. Find out our 3 reasons why data visualisation can be a powerful tool for every employee.
- Learn the key principles of data visualisation and how to apply them to your own work
- Develop the skills required to identify the story in the data and tell it with maximum impact
- Learn about the basic chart types and how to choose the best chart type for a dataset
- Discover free online tools and resources that will add impact to your data visualisations
- Learn design tips and tricks that can quickly improve your data presentations
- Develop a toolkit of techniques that you can share with colleagues
Trainer’s Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Why Does Data Visualisation Matter?
- The reasons for data becoming a crucial way for organisations to communicate with internal and external audiences
- Introduction to the key elements of a successful data visualisation that will be explored during the day
What Makes a Good Data Visualisation?
- Understand how to identify the story in the data
- Group discussion of good and bad examples of data visualisation and what makes them that way
Data in Context
- Learn about the purpose and range of visualisations from interactive dashboards for exploratory analysis in web browsers, to static publication quality diagrams in print
- Understand how data visualisation needs to work in conjunction with supporting text and commentary
- Understand about the different types of data; categorical, numeric, ration and time-based; and learn how best to visualise these different types
- Know how to identify the right chart or graph for your data set
- Be aware of the data governance considerations when using cloud-based online tools
How People Process Visual Information
- Understand how to use techniques to give your audience both an instant message and the opportunity to explore further: sort, filter, drill to detail, tool tips, interaction between visuals
- Short exercises in improving existing data visualisations by applying the lessons learnt so far
- Understand how people process visual information and use that knowledge to build visualisations that are easier and more helpful for your audience
- Understand why visual elements must enhance the message rather than clutter and confuse your communications
- Learn quick and repeatable visual tricks that draw attention to the key information (without needing a graphic designer)
- Be aware of design and layout principles that will allow your infographics and visualisations to breathe
Design a Data Visualisation Toolkit
- Know which tools are available to help you quickly create data visualisations – including them in Microsoft Office and free online options
- Understand the trend towards digital and interactive data visualisations and routes to further learning in this area
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Mark is an independent consultant and trainer. He specialises in the analysis, visualisation and reporting of financial and economic data. […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]