Any company needs to write for a diverse range of people, from stakeholders to the general public. Engaging these different audiences and getting your desired message across can be challenging.
Led by copywriter and journalist Eddy Lawrence, this course equips you with the skills and tools needed to plan and create confident and persuasive copy, no matter the audience.
Learn how to research your audience effectively, collate and articulate information quickly without losing key points or tone of voice, and frame your message in a way that will gain a positive response every time.
- Learn how to better understand your audience
- Examine good and bad examples of copywriting
- Successfully engage and persuade your audience
- Ascertain the key components of writing captivating copy
- Acquire a practical framework to help write engaging and persuasive copy
Registration and Light Breakfast
Trainer’s Introduction And Clarification Of Learning Outcomes
Research Your Audience
In this session, delegates will find out how they can engage with key stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
- Establish who your audience is
- Develop an effective tone of voice in your copy
- Examine bad and best practice examples of copy
- Take a flexible approach to writing copy: academic, political or policy
- Quickly decipher information and material on your audiences
Defining Your Message
Learn effective methods to analyse your subject and create a clear, compelling narrative that will appeal to key clients and stakeholders.
- Structure a piece of writing to make your company appeal to customers
- Effective features and benefits analysis
- Learn technical details of a policy or product
- Create a compelling story
- Learn from good and bad examples
- Understand the psychology of storytelling
Create A Comprehensive Copywriting Toolkit
Learn methods to free yourself from jargon-heavy blurbs, and put your message into readable, plain English that readers will engage with.
- Understand the mechanics of writing
- Use rhymes to get your message across
- Avoid monotonous writing
- Harness social media for your company’s needs
- Learn how to make press releases engage with key clients
Copywriting Editing Masterclass
- How to ensure your finished copy is accurate, presentable, professional, and does exactly the job you need it to
Writing Put Into Practice
- An opportunity to put everything you’ve learned into practice, and receive detailed personal feedback from the trainer
- Delegates will work through specific examples that are related to their company
Feedback, Evaluation and Closing Remarks
Eddy is a journalist, copywriter and editor. He writes for the Guardian, Shortlist and Time Out, and regularly runs talks […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.