This one-day interactive, practical course has been designed specifically for women in the workplace. It focuses on developing and embodying the essential skills needed to create impact and communicate with confident credibility: skills that are much in demand as women define and develop their professional roles and career path within the workplace.
This Confident Communication for Women in the Workplace course offers a highly-effective toolkit of transformative performance-based techniques, involving the body, breath and voice. These will be practiced and then applied to different communication settings and role-play scenarios to enable you to develop greater flexibility and choice in how you react, respond and communicate.
Explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge and confidence.
The skillset can be adapted flexibly to support professional roles at all levels, within different sectors, including newly-emerging, as well as more established industries.
This toolkit can be practiced repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility and nascent leadership capacities.
|Blog: 5 Golden Rules for Women in Leadership|
|It’s one of the most talked about issues this year, employers are finding it harder to sweep under the carpet, and workplaces are becoming more open about it. What is it? Gender equality. Here are our top five golden rules to increase your credibility as a leader and ensure you make an impact at work.|
- Discover powerful performance techniques for building status and credibility
- Learn innovative voice and speech techniques to maximise your presence
- Understand how your choice of language can create new and varied outcomes
- Develop the ability to be assertive and dynamic
- Practice different communication styles to deliver maximum impact
- Leave with the confidence to create a positive attitude towards change
Registration and Light Breakfast
Introduction - What Is Confidence?
- Generating presence – power poses
- Breath is the key to relaxed, posed credibility – exercise
- Be present to have presence!
- Creating confidence and credibility through optimal centred alignment – exercise
Developing The Toolkit
- Body, breath, voice equals personal power – vocal and physical preparation
- Breath powers speech
- Voice and vocal performance skills – pitch, pause and pace for maximising credibility
- Vocal and physical resonance
- Acting as if: performance skills for high-status and credibility. Role play – archetypal high-status.
- Rhetoric: the language of high-status
Exercise: Finding Your Feet To Speak Up In Meetings
- Speaking confidently with clarity of intention and impact in meetings: role play – project update/new products and models (internal)
Flexing Between Different Communication Styles: Flexibility Is The Key
- Persuasive language – exercise
- Naming your strengths – partner pitch – exercise
- Owning and voicing your strengths – exercise
- Asking for what you want
- Pay and reward discussion: role play – (internal)
- Overcoming blocking and holding your ground – exercise
- Role play – interview/meeting with a potential new employer/in-house promotion
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are stuck. Consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
Feedback and Close
Anne Walsh is a voice and vocal communications coach with extensive business coaching experience in the corporate, private, public and […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email enquiries@UMGTraining.com and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email enquiries@UMGTraining.com
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email enquiries@UMGTraining.com with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to enquiries@UMGTraining.com or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or enquiries@UMGTraining.com if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.