This one-day virtual course has been designed especially for women in the workplace. It focuses on developing and embodying the essential skills needed to create impact and communicate with confident credibility.
Whether you are leading virtual meetings or presenting remotely, this Confident Communication for Women in the Workplace course offers a highly effective toolkit of transformative, performance-based techniques, involving the body, breath, and voice.
Explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge, and confidence.
To facilitate better working at home this course will be delivered virtually, which will help you learn in a comfortable and familiar environment.
This toolkit can be practiced repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility, and nascent leadership capacities.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|Blog: 5 Golden Rules for Women in Leadership|
|It’s one of the most talked-about issues this year, employers are finding it harder to sweep under the carpet, and workplaces are becoming more open about it. What is it? Gender equality. Here are our top five golden rules to increase your credibility as a leader and ensure you make an impact at work.|
“A great, interactive day, refreshing current learning and looking at new ways to lead.” Talent and Development Trainer, Allclear Insurance Ltd
“Anne was a great teacher and kept the content of the day informative and enjoyable. The role-play exercises were a useful way to practice having the more difficult conversations in a safe place.” Risk Manager, Starstone Insurance
- Discover powerful performance techniques for building status and credibility
- Learn innovative voice and speech techniques to maximise your presence
- Understand how your choice of language can create new and varied outcomes
- Develop the ability to be assertive and dynamic
- Practice different communication styles to deliver maximum impact
- Leave with the confidence to create a positive attitude towards change
Registration and Light Breakfast
Introduction - What Is Confidence?
- Generating presence – power poses
- Breath is the key to relaxed, posed credibility – exercise
- Be present to have presence!
- Creating confidence and credibility through optimal centred alignment – exercise
Developing The Toolkit
- Body, breath, voice equals personal power – vocal and physical preparation
- Breath powers speech
- Voice and vocal performance skills – pitch, pause and pace for maximising credibility
- Vocal and physical resonance
- Acting as if: performance skills for high-status and credibility. Role play – archetypal high-status.
- Rhetoric: the language of high-status
Exercise: Finding Your Feet To Speak Up In Meetings
- Speaking confidently with clarity of intention and impact in meetings: role play – project update/new products and models (internal)
Flexing Between Different Communication Styles: Flexibility Is The Key
- Persuasive language – exercise
- Naming your strengths – partner pitch – exercise
- Owning and voicing your strengths – exercise
- Asking for what you want
- Pay and reward discussion: role play – (internal)
- Overcoming blocking and holding your ground – exercise
- Role play – interview/meeting with a potential new employer/in-house promotion
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are stuck. Consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
Feedback and Close
Anne Walsh is a voice and vocal communications coach with extensive business coaching experience in the corporate, private, public and […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.