Globally, women are paving the way in finance to create an impact and redress the gender imbalance, but they still only make up 12% of the industry’s leaders and decision makers. It can sometimes be difficult for women to exert influence and communicate with confident credibility: skills which are exceedingly in demand as women define and develop their professional roles and career paths within the financial sector.
This interactive, one-day course has been designed specifically for women in finance. It offers a highly effective toolkit of transformative performance-based techniques, involving body, breath and voice. These will be practised and then applied to different communication settings and a number of role-play scenarios specific to the industry. These will enable you to develop greater flexibility and choice in how you react, respond and communicate in a sector dominated by male leaders.
Explore interchanging between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge and confidence.
The skillset can be adapted flexibly to support professional roles at all levels.
This toolkit can be practised repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility and nascent leadership capacities.
|Blog: Secrets to Success for Women in Finance|
|With over 350 firms of all shapes and sizes across financial services signed up to the ‘Women in Finance Charter’ which supports the progression of women into senior roles, is this the time for women to thrive in finance?
In order to achieve your full potential as a woman in finance, how do you hone and develop your self-awareness, confidence, assertiveness, courage and influencing skills to progress? Read more…
- Discover powerful performance techniques for building status and credibility
- Network with like-minded women in finance
- Learn innovative voice and speech techniques to maximise your presence
- Understand how your choice of language can create new and varied outcomes
- Develop the ability to be assertive and dynamic
- Practice different communication styles to deliver maximum impact
- Leave with the confidence to create a positive attitude towards change
Registration and Light Breakfast
Introduction - What Is Confidence?
- Discuss personal experiences and what confidence means to you and your organisation
- Equality and inclusivity: Inspiring confidence in tomorrow’s leaders
- Generating Presence – Power Poses
- Exercise: Breath is the key to relaxed, posed credibility
- Be present to have presence!
- Exercise: Creating confidence and credibility through optimal centred alignment
Developing The Toolkit
- Body, Breath, Voice equals personal power – Vocal and Physical preparation
- Breath powers speech
- Voice and Vocal performance skills – Pitch, Pause and Pace for maximising credibility
- Vocal and physical Resonance
- Acting as If: Performance skills for high-status and credibility
- Role Play: Archetypal High-Status
- Rhetoric: The Language of High-Status
Exercise: Finding Your Feet To Speak Up In Meetings
- Role Play: Speaking confidently with clarity of intention and impact in meetings
Flexing Between Different Communication Styles: Flexibility Is Key
- Exercise: Persuasive Language
- Exercise: Naming your strengths – Partner Pitch
- Exercise: Owning and voicing your strengths
- Asking for what you want
- Role Play: Pay and Reward Discussion
- Exercise: Overcoming blocking and holding your ground
- Role play: Interview/Meeting with a potential new employer/in-house promotion
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are stuck and consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
Feedback and Close
Anne Walsh is a voice and vocal communications coach with extensive business coaching experience in the corporate, private, public and […]
America Square Conference Centre
020 7706 7700
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.