Globally, women are paving the way in finance to create an impact and redress the gender imbalance, but they still only make up 12% of the industry’s leaders and decision-makers. It can sometimes be difficult for women to exert influence and communicate with confident credibility: skills which are exceedingly in demand as women define and develop their professional roles and career paths within the financial sector.
This interactive virtual course has been designed specifically for women in finance.
This online course incorporates group role-play scenarios through to use of breakout rooms to explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge, and confidence. From the comfort of your own home, practise speeches and receive expert and individual advice from our trainer Anne Walsh.
Explore interchanging between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge and confidence.
The skillset can be adapted flexibly to support professional roles at all levels.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
“Great course, great trainer! Improved confidence for life as a whole.” Analyst, M+G Investments
“Great course, lots of learnings to apply at work.” Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
“I would highly recommend this course for all men and women specifically as it provides useful insider tips on how to speak with confidence and changes to behavioural aspects.” Associate Director, ICG Plc
|Blog: Secrets to Success for Women in Finance|
|The ‘Women in Finance Charter’ asks financial services firms to commit to implementing 4 key industry actions.
With over 350 firms of all shapes and sizes across financial services signed up to the ‘Women in Finance Charter’ which supports the progression of women into senior roles, is this the time for women to thrive in finance?
While politicians and, increasingly, employers recognise that gender should be no barrier to career progression, women continue to be underrepresented at senior levels particularly in the UK financial services and banking sector.
In order to achieve your full potential as a woman in finance, how do you hone and develop your self-awareness, confidence, assertiveness, courage and influencing skills to progress? Read the full article here…
- Discover powerful performance techniques for building status and credibility
- Network with like-minded women in finance
- Learn innovative voice and speech techniques to maximise your presence
- Understand how your choice of language can create new and varied outcomes
- Develop the ability to be assertive and dynamic
- Practise different communication styles to deliver maximum impact
- Leave with the confidence to create a positive attitude towards change
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Introduction - What is Confidence for Women in the Financial Sector?
- Discuss personal experiences and what confidence means to you and your organisation
- Equality and inclusivity: Inspiring confidence in tomorrow’s leaders
- Generating Presence – Power Poses
- Exercise: Breath is the key to relaxed, posed credibility
- Be present to have presence!
- Exercise: Creating confidence and credibility through optimal centred alignment
Developing the Toolkit
- Body, Breath, Voice equals personal power – Vocal and Physical preparation
- Breath powers speech
- Voice and Vocal performance skills – Pitch, Pause and Pace for maximising credibility
- Vocal and physical Resonance
- Acting as If: Performance skills for high-status and credibility
- Role Play: Archetypal High-Status
- Rhetoric: The Language of High-Status
Exercise: Finding Your Feet to Speak Up in Meetings
- Role Play: Speaking confidently with clarity of intention and impact in meetings
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Flexing between different communication styles: flexibility is the key
- Exercise: Persuasive Language
- Exercise: Naming your strengths – Partner Pitch
- Exercise: Owning and voicing your strengths
- Asking for what you want
- Role Play: Pay and Reward Discussion
- Exercise: Overcoming blocking and holding your ground
- Role play: Interview/Meeting with a potential new employer/in-house promotion
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are stuck and consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
Round Up and Key Takeaways
Anne Walsh is a voice and vocal communications coach with extensive business coaching experience in the corporate, private, public and […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.