Relationships underpin success at organisations across all sectors. Better relationships lead to better outcomes and greater ease-of-business. Creating these relationships can sometimes be an imprecise science, so having tried and tested techniques that facilitate first meetings is crucial.
This course equips attendees with a variety of techniques, to prepare them for a range of networking situations and enable more opportunities to create new business and sustain current clients.
For whatever role you fulfill this course offers the essential skills to keep your relationships and clients engaged, energised and profitable.
|About the chair: Sandra Miller|
|Sandra Miller is a RADA-trained actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector providing coaching, consultancy and training in communication skills.
Her area of specialist expertise covers Presentation Skills, Interview Techniques, Handling People in Difficult Situations, Storytelling and Influential Communications.
Sandra has worked in the corporate world for thirty years – her clients include many blue-chip organisations such as the BBC, BBC Worldwide, Bristol Water, Friends Provident, Financial Reporting Council, Unilever, Vocalink and Elavon Merchant Services. She has also worked with a number of public sector clients including the NHS, a number of District, Borough and City Councils, Universities and has worked with Politicians, Academics and Civil Servants.
She has also done role-plays for Assessment and Development Centres with clients including companies such as BMW, Deloitte Touche, Freshfields and KPMG. Sandra trained at Manchester University (BA Honours in Drama) and at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. She has performed extensively in the West End and in repertory and touring theatres throughout the UK. She has made numerous corporate training videos, has provided voice-overs and appeared on television, radio and the internet.
Her clients regard her as down to earth and as someone who brings a great sense of humour and warmth to the learning
- Understand how to begin building your network
- Learn how to extend your current network
- Make sure you get noticed
- Build and strengthen relationships
- Develop strategies to gain trust
- Make the network operate to your benefit
- Use social media to network
Trainer’s Opening Remarks and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Nature of Networks
- Identifying types of network
- How networks behave
Breaking the Ice
- Best techniques on how to make a good first impression
- What makes a powerful opener?
- Impact without offence
WORKSHOP: Small Talk and Keeping the Conversation Going
- Identifying key subject areas
- How to prompt a response
- Different types of questioning and what garners the best results
- Bringing energy to the conversation through pace, anecdotes and stories
- The all-important concepts of authenticity and trust
WORKSHOP: Finding Common Ground
- The importance of sound and neuro-linguistic programming
- Identifying positive, common interests and experiences
- Ensuring you aren’t seen to be ‘one-upping’
- Avoiding Unconscious Bias
Strengthening the Relationship
- How to make things personal, without being too personal
- The concept of positive credits and how you build them up
- What is obligation and why does it matter?
Joining and Leaving Groups
- Identifying desired groups
- Using current contacts to
- Validating your entry into the group
- Keeping the relationship warn: Moving on whilst maintaining the relationship
Expanding Your Networks
- Using your current contacts to gain access to new leads and clients
- Highlighting genuine areas of mutual interest
- The importance of utilising technological platforms to go outside your usual remit
- Examples of remote methods of attracting networks
Feedback and Close
Sandra Miller is a RADA-trained actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector providing coaching, consultancy and training in […]
A: Yes. After you have booked on to the course, simply email [email protected] and attach the purchase order raised. Please quote your order reference number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Why not contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected]
A: Substitutions may be made up to 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 014 2468 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 014 2468 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 014 2468. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes, a seated two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Light breakfast is served in the morning and a wide selection of tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Prices stated do not include VAT.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee. View full terms and conditions here
A: Speakers presentations are sent by email a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the team on 0800 014 2468 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio-visual support and high-speed wifi.